Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Of Christmas fruitcake & home cooked food

The other day my dad came back home from Le Meridien (apparently he had a function) and he got a Christmas fruitcake as a gift :)

Since I nailed my oatmeal cookies not too long ago (read my previous entry 'Baked to Perfection'), I'm really ambitious about baking a cake in the near future, and at the same time I know it's not easy with all the ingridients and stuffs, but I'm learning.

Okay, so back to the Christmas fruitcake my dad got from Le Meridien, it is baked to perfection!Everything was good; from the little decorations to that every bite you take! The cake wasn't hard and buttery; it was soft, not too spongy & the fella who baked this just studied every details! Kudos indeed. I think he put red wine into the cake or else it would not be a good Christmas fruitcake nor they have that 'yum-yum-I-want-another-slice' factor. Even after you keep them in the refrigerator it was still very much soft and not that hard to bite. Overall the texture was good.


A piece of art.


Naked without the little decorations.
This is definitely icing on a cake! Yeah Christmas.

I'm inspired! :D Within 2 days my family devoured everything minus the decorations, they are not edible for Christmas' sake.

I love home cooked food! I mean who does not?

I went to Kota Belud last Saturday (Dec 19th to be exact) to meet my relatives (my dad was born and raised there) and these were what I had for dinner :-

Long beans cooked with dried shrimps, now we're talking!


Ikan masin, direct translation, Salted fish.


I love this one!It's chicken cooked with big, golden onions and chilli paste, if I were not mistaken.

Twas our beloved bapa's birthday and he turned 62.
Chocolate cake, this one is home made as well!



I dedicate this post to my relatives who were in KB that day as I had fun, as always.
Kak Long & Banut, if you read this post I thank you for the wonderful dinner! I had two plates of rice!

:D

1 comment:

Natalie Louise said...

Oh man those cakes and the ikan masin.Yum!!! haha. Glad you had fun max :p
Merry Christmas! :D