Saturday, January 3, 2009

Food Blog #11 -Amazing Race version-

My friend and I were pretty indecisive on what to do on New Year's Eve and after putting so much thoughts into it, we decided to watch a movie and have dinner afterwards.

Route #1: Taman Jaya LRT Station to Berjaya Times Square

It was around 3.30pm and when we went to the counter to buy tickets, the movie we wanted to watch had sold out (Alright, it's "Yes Man"). Damn I thought. We did not want to wait for the next screening which was at 7.50pm as it would have been late then so we decided to gamble a bit. We were to go to Pavilion.

Route #2: Berjaya Times Square to Pavilion

There were a lot of people but we still managed to get to the cinema. We went straight to the counter to buy the tickets and we managed to get the 4.30pm show, and we had about 5 minutes left!The gambling was all worth it. Phewwie~
After Yes Man, we had dinner in Old Town White Coffee, because we wanted something 'laid-back', and we ordered:
Nissin Mee with Chicken Ham + Egg
The noodles tasted like instant noodles (think Maggi) but it was all good.


Mee Jawa


Blueberry Ice Cream


Honey Lemon Ice.
The one I had in City Mall KK is way better, there was hardly any honey!

The blueberry ice cream saved the day in what to be quite a mediocre, tasteless dinner. I still ended up finishing my Maggi because I was hungry then & my mother taught me to 'respect food'. The service was rather quick, though. I would rate a 5.5 out of 10.

Route #3: Bukit Bintang Monorail Station to Bukit Nanas Monorail Station, then transit in Dang Wangi LRT Station to Taman Jaya LRT Station

We walked so much that we left early, should have waited until midnight but my right leg just killed me that night. I ended up ushering in the New Year in my room, nursing my right leg, yikes. It's okay now, don't worry. I guess my right leg passed out that night, too much lactic acid.

Happy New Year!


No comments: