Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama wins!

I try to keep this blog apolitical but I can't.

First of all, I may not be an American, but surely I'm glad and overjoyed that Senator Barack Obama wins the US Presidential Election, so as the rest of the world, I believe.

A history is in the making-he will become the 44th President of the United States of America and he will be the FIRST African-American President to lead the White House!How cool is that?

According to Yahoo! News, he won 349 electoral votes, surpassing 270 to win to McCain's 147.

In his acceptance speech in front of a crowd of more than 100,000 people in Chicago's Grant Park, he said quote “Even as we celebrate tonight we know that the challenges tomorrow will bring are the greatest of our lifetime: two wars, a planet in peril, the worst financial crisis in a century,” - knowing that the world is currently in recession. (Yahoo! News)

One thing is for sure:
That Martin Luther King, Jr.'s 'I Have A Dream' speech finally comes true:)

Indeed, "Yes, We Can!"





Congrats Senator Obama (After Jan 20th, 2009, President Obama)

2 comments:

Joy said...

MAXX!! have u been reading ur comments on ur blog?? haha. ur tagged! check out my blog to know how it works. hee~

Natalie Louise said...

I LOVE OBAMAAAAA hahaha