Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Here's a little bit about myself...and make it Food Blog #19 as well!

Last Saturday I attended a family reunion (dad's side) at my granduncle's residence in Donggongon. I've to say I had a blast; got the chance to meet/catch up with the rest of the Lajawaians; met the extended families and just had a great time and enjoyed the activities that had been meticulously prepared for the day. Before I go further with the photos, here's a brief genealogy of my family:

LAJAWAI BOLINDA + LOTINGGI KALAWIT:

1) EDWIN SIKONG LAJAWAI
2) LOJUNIP LAJAWAI
3) PHILIP @ ULAK LAJAWAI
4) PETER MAYER MIOL LAJAWAI
5) TINJUNIM LAJAWAI
6) MONJONG LAJAWAI

Up to this day, only Peter Mayer Miol Lajawai is the surviving son of Lajawai & Lotinggi and currently resides in Miri, as the rest had passed away. May their souls rest in peace. Amen.

The photos!


The blue family representing Monjong Lajawai.


The red family representing Tinjunim Lajawai.


The green family (that's us! *round of applause*) representing Philip @ Ulak Lajawai.


The cream family representing Lojunip Lajawai.


The maroon family representing Edwin Sikong Lajawai.

My great-grandparents should be proud of this, to see their grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren continuing their legacy.

Lets talk food! Wee~ :D

The last time I attended a family reunion (mom's side) the food was horrible (sorry mom, I'm a little bit biased this time). Blame it on the mismanagement, they didn't work out the menu properly and every dish was BEEF! I believe not everyone really eats beef so next time sort the menu properly yea?

I have to give credits to the aunties who worked so hard in preparing the food. If I were an elaborate person I would say every dish that day was a gastronomical delight! Everything was NOT beef and I enjoyed and loved what I ate, and that's the most important thing to look for when you have a buffet. You enjoy and love what you eat, and no complaints!


Yummy!


Ooh...


Aah...


Ready to go to every Lajawaian's stomachs.


Damn those cakes!
*thumbs up*


Since it was also the first day of Kaamatan, the beating of the gongs made our day.


...and once you hear the beating of the gongs, like once Atama sang,
"Do the sumazau like you just don't care!"


Lajawai Bolinda's great-grandchildren. :D

Looking forward to the second one! :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max

Your article on your family clan gathering was very witty. And the pictures provided more details of what was happening. It seemed you and everyone were having a great time.

A very good piece and I enjoyed reading it.

May the good Lord bles and protect you always

ajoyly said...

Max

'Anonymous' should have been ajoyly, my blogger's name. What happened was, I made a mistake by pressing the wrong button. Sorry for the oversight.

Gd Fr

Frances said...

Hey you..

I should definitely give you credit in doing a great job..no wonder it was the talk of the month.....everyone is actually still talking about it..damn u..hehehe ^_^ anyway...keep in touch and will definitely see u soon..hugz n luv muax.. ^_^

-YeN-

Max said...

thanks godfather & yen. appreciate ur comments :D
will keep up the good work! ;)