Saturday, August 22, 2009

Oh my, I love Sabah! Part 2

One thing I like about Sabah, Kota Kinabalu in particular is that everywhere is near: you want to climb the Mount Kinabalu (which is in my list of 1000 things to do before I die), the journey is only about 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on how fast you drive. You want to go to the beach (Tanjung Aru), drink fruit juice and enjoying the sunset, the journey is only about 10 minutes; and if you want to go to the islands? A fifteen-minute boat ride and voila! and you can finally say that you're in an island. That instant.

People who plan to go to Sabah! Attention! If you're in KK and you want to go to the islands, you are SPOILT FOR CHOICE. There are 5 beautiful and gorgeous islands to choose from: Sapi, Gaya, Manukan, Mamutik and Sulug.

Want to go to one island only? No problem.

More than one island? No problem as well. The more the merrier!

Last month, July 1st to be exact, I got the chance to go island hopping on three different islands (Mamutik-Manukan-Sapi) with my friends who came from the other side of South China Sea (Peninsular, geddit?) and the experience was MORE THAN MEMORABLE, hands down. :)

Let these pictures fascinate you:


A group photo is a must before the trip to the islands, period. :D


Speedboats awaiting people to hop in. This is the part where the real excitement begins!


I'm coming to conquer you islands!


First stop: Mamutik. Damn the beach. I didn't even put on sunscreen, mind you. I was so excited.


Kota Kinabalu from Mamutik. The mighty Mount Kinabalu can be clearly seen from here! :D


Mamutik oh Mamutik.


Damn the seawater. I could just dive in if I want to.
I think I said 'damn' twice already.


Zhi Kai aka Ah Ma loves Sabah! :)


Pulau Sulug, closer!


Pulau Manukan, in the background.


This photo is taken in Pulau Sapi, the last island of the three-island-hopping spree. I think of all the three islands we went, Sapi is the best of them all. Simply because I saw a wild sea turtle there! My friends and I managed to get someone to bring us to the other side of the island to snorkel and boy, the coral reefs and all, they are awesome! We were fortunate to see the sea turtle. If only I own a waterproof camera...

Last but not least,





I had a lot of fun doing this: parasailing! I had the best feeling ever; going up to the sky when the boat was going really fast and going down to the sea when the boat slowed down, all for 20 minutes. My RM55 was worth it, no doubt! I will definitely try this again next time! :D

1 comment:

hujan said...

uinah.. boleh join manhunt sudah si max..