Thursday, July 8, 2010

One Perfect Getaway to Melbourne, Australia!

Finally, somewhere far! And this is just the beginning.

As much as I wanted to travel abroad, finally I've got the chance to visit Melbourne, Australia. I was in this beautiful city for 11 memorable days a week after I completed my internship in PCSB-SBO.

P/S: There will be a special post on my six-month internship which will be released by yours truly soon! :)

According to Wikipedia, which I did a little research prior to my visit to this very beautiful city, Melbourne is the capital and most populous city in the state of Victoria, and the second largest city in Australia after Sydney. In my own words, Melbourne has so many things to offer. The city is so full of life; and one should not be deceived as there are quite a large number of international communities from world all over, good enough to earn the phrase "melting pot of international flavours". The buildings in the city have great architecture, integrating old and new. So many good food, good places to go around.

I ♥ you Melbourne! :)

Let these pictures speak for themselves:


Flinders Street Station. One of the major train stations in Melbourne. One iconic building, it lights up so brilliantly at night! :)


St Paul's Anglican Cathedral. One of the few cathedrals in Melbourne, just right next to Flinders. Can you spot the modern buildings behind it? Awesome, good that they preserve the old buildings.


So that's Eureka Tower! Apparently the tallest residential tower in Melbourne, and that's where my favourite place to go around, South Bank is. Ooh and that's Yarra River.


Federation Square! and this is the place where I...




took this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend the Tim Burton exhibition! I was barely a day in Australia, no sign of fatigue nor jet lag whatsoever yeah?


This alley is called Centre Place. I call it "Little New York in Melbourne". The food here is amazing. I recommend you to try this small restaurant where they sell different kinds of soups. This is where I had my Middle Eastern Meatballs soup that came with two generous slices of french breads.

More random but awesome pictures! :D








All these pictures were taken barely 24 hours since I stepped foot on Australia. Day 1 to be exact. I have yet to talk about the best part of my trip in Melbourne: Food! Do look forward to it!

Some of you might be considering visiting Melbourne already, no? ;)

2 comments:

steffy182 said...

mcm travel photographer punya gambal la max... like it!

gbeejipp said...

very nice pics on Melbourne. I had my first breakfast at this 'Little New York'. Superb. One of my fav spots.